Pages - Menu

Monday 5 May 2014

My Proposal Story


I've been in relationships before but prior to the one I am in now (hey boo!) I never ever thought about my wedding or especially a proposal. But as I started turning 20 and my friends and I started to grow up and follow instagramers with the most amazing engagement rings it finally got me dreaming about what my proposal, engagement ring, and wedding would be like. I have days where I will sit and watch viral proposal/wedding videos and discuss them with one of my friends (hey girl lol) and we just gush over everything. So today I actually get to tell you my very own proposal story, to me it's the best story I have ever told!

It started up I'm the sky, this divine supernatural being decided to come down from it's throne, away from His Heavenly Father to come find me. He grew up and became a missionary, He preached and loved like no one on this earth ever had. He was different. The world rejected Him and His love and crucified Him on a wooden cross. How ironic, being a carptener my love got crucified on one of His art pieces. He died, but He rose again after three days. What can I say He's a fighter for me.

Fast forward a few years and He's still there right behind me waiting with a little box and shiny diamond inside and He's waiting for me to turn around and act all surprised and say "yes!" But everytime I would turn around to look at Him I would just push Him aside and walk toward "better" things. 

Fast forward again and I'm a 20 year old girl full of mistakes and rejects trying to find my own identity. I finally decided to join my youth group at a new church I attended to. Little did I know that this was the place I was going to get proposed to. I started to feel Him all around me and all around my church, I started to know Him and actually started liking Him. He allowed me to prepare the environment around me for that special day. Then one Friday night, one of the worship leaders grabbed me in prayer and told me that this day was going to change my life. And it did... This was the day that my Jesus proposed to me, and instead of giving me a diamond ring, He gave me grace. Instead of a ring, He allowed me to touch his crown of thorns. Instead of a ring He gave me true love and identity. I was His and He was mine, forever. He didn't get down on one knee but He gave me salvation. He's pretty epic if you ask me and I loved him from that day on. 

I remember coming home that night and just bursting into tears telling my mom "I have found who Jesus is!!" Which is funny because He was ever lost. In my books that day was the start of my love story with a divine man who came down and hung on the cross to save my soul. But in His books our love story started since before time, when He chose my name, and when He knitted me to perfection in my mothers womb, He loved me since then. While some men propose with flash mobs, epic stunts, heartwarming videos or simply on their knees; Jesus proposes to you on a cross. As simple, real, raw, and graceful as it gets. 

This was my proposal story. We all have that day where Jesus was so vivid in our lives that we were never the same. I'm sharing this because sometimes we need to go back to this day to remind us of where He took us out of and brought us into relationship with Him. To remind us of that day and the emotions you felt when you aren't feeling anything at all, to remind us that He is good and that He will rescue from anyone and from anywhere. To remind us that we are not alone. I share this because whether you are single, in a relationship, engaged, or in marriage, your first true love will always be Jesus! And while I gushed over proposals or weddings and wondered about my own, I completely forgot that I had already been proposed to, and that it had exceeded my expectations. Jesus and you have a love story that will never have a sad ending, it can never be shaken and it is the most beautiful of all the love stories you could ever imagine. So how did the Saviour of the world propose to you? 

With love and grace- Diana C

6 comments:

  1. you just don't know how timely this was!!!
    Recently, I've been feeling like the love bug hit all my friends and just left me out!! So, like any other girl, I've been daydreaming, hard! haha!


    Thanks for reminding me that I already have my great love story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana C and Michelle A7 May 2014 at 07:54

    I'm so happy this post reminded you of your own love story with the
    creator! We tend to search for love as if He isn't enough, when He's so
    much better than any earthly love! Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I have missed this post?! (wait, is that shout out for me? haha) I love this D! Amazing reminder today, and always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana C and Michelle A9 May 2014 at 09:48

    Lol most definitely a shout Miss. GloriousPeonies! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This such a great outlook on proposals. Thank you for this reminder. I know I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana C and Michelle A9 May 2014 at 15:07

    I'm so glad it has blessed you :) thank you for reading my outlook on proposals!

    ReplyDelete