Pages - Menu

Thursday 8 May 2014

The Pursuit of Happiness

Happiness. We all want it, we all strive for it, but sometimes it can seem so distant and impossible to reach. I mean, it's normal to have an off day. You won't feel happy every day of your life, but it's something that we as human beings desire. No one likes feeling down in the dumps, and sometimes when you are feeling down, you feel like you just can't pull yourself out of it. I know how this feels firsthand. It happens to everyone. There are days where nothing seems to be going right for you, so the light at the end of the tunnel seems light years away. But I'm here to tell you that you don't have to be trapped in that sadness forever, and that there is a solution.

There have been days where I can't even bear holding it in anymore and you have to let out everything that you feel. I specifically remember one day that I was trying to "be strong" and hold it in, and as soon as my mom saw me she asked if I was okay, and I just broke down. All those feelings came gushing out, every problem, and all that emotion came out as I just cried. I bet my mom was just standing there like what is going on here? But she just came over, gave me a hug and we prayed together. I can honestly tell you, that it totally helped. But I began to think, and I realized, God does that with us all the time...atleast He wants to and we don't let Him do His thing. God constantly waits for us to speak to Him; to tell Him whats going on in our lives, our feelings etc. But we just pass Him by. He is an all knowing God, so he already knows every thought that goes through our head before we even think it, but He just wants to see that willingness on our part to reach out to our Father.

It comes to a point when we've held it in so long, that we just explode, and as the loving Father that He is, He takes us in His arms, and pours out His love for us. Even though you may not feel loved, God reminds us of His love for us, that He even sent His only son Jesus to die for you and me. It blows my mind to think that Jesus was thinking about me, and with so much love gave up His life so that I could be free. His love goes so deep and it runs so strong, that it bothers me to think that some days I believe the lie that I am unloved or something crazy like that.

I think that as a generation, we've been conditioned to believe that showing emotion and our feelings is wrong. We've been shown that we shouldn't bother people with our problems. But I strongly feel that this mindset is so erroneous. We are called to fellowship, and to be in communion with our brothers and sisters in Christ. You never know how God could use someone to bring revelation to your life if you just open up. We also have to start being real with God. He already knows whats going on, but you brushing it off as nothing and pretending you're okay...well you aren't fooling Him or anyone for that matter (hence my mom lol). We want happiness and we pursue it, but we totally missed it. We try filling in the gaps with things that won't satisfy, and we settle for temporary happiness.  God wants us to be happy. He wants to give us that joy that we so desire. But we have to get over ourselves and we have to take the first step. All we have to do is ASK.

♥With Love, Michelle♥

No comments:

Post a Comment